Mandarin Chinese Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world. Mandarin Chinese is challenging for a number of reasons. But writing isn’t the only difficult part of learning Mandarin. The tonal nature of the language makes speaking it very hard as well.
What is the easiest way to learn Mandarin?
- Pinyin and tones are the most essential and fundamental knowledge for learning mandarin Chinese. The best way to learn mandarin is starting from pronunciation. A good pinyin pronunciation will enable you to express yourself clearly and help you achieve better listening comprehension.
- 1 How long does it take to learn Mandarin?
- 2 Is Mandarin the easiest language to learn?
- 3 Is it a good idea to learn Mandarin?
- 4 Can I teach myself Mandarin?
- 5 Can I learn Chinese in 3 months?
- 6 What is the fastest way to learn Mandarin?
- 7 Why you should not learn Chinese?
- 8 Is learning Chinese a waste of time?
- 9 Why learning Mandarin is so hard?
- 10 What is the easiest language to learn?
- 11 What is the hardest language to learn?
- 12 Should I learn Mandarin or Spanish?
- 13 How do I start learning Mandarin?
- 14 How can I learn Mandarin for free?
- 15 Is Rosetta Stone good for Mandarin?
How long does it take to learn Mandarin?
It takes a learner with average aptitude only 15 weeks to reach level 2 for Spanish or French, but about 50 weeks to reach a similar level of the Chinese language. If you want to be fully fluent in Mandarin, you’d better plan to spend about 230 weeks, which is about 4 years.
Is Mandarin the easiest language to learn?
When it comes to the issue of grammatical complexity, Chinese is really one of the easiest languages there is to learn. Unlike most European languages, it does not feature complicated constructs like cases and genders. It also treats tenses in a very simplistic way.
Is it a good idea to learn Mandarin?
Learning Chinese not only gives you an advantage of speaking another language, but also allows you to gain a broader understanding of one of the world’s oldest living civilizations.
Can I teach myself Mandarin?
You can teach yourself Mandarin, but at the end of the day, language is a tool to communicate and communication is a two way process. Start finding opportunities to speak or write (and when we say write, we mean type) in Chinese. Basically, use it or lose it.
Can I learn Chinese in 3 months?
With the right work and attitude, you can make massive progress in your Chinese learning in three months. And if having a conversation in Mandarin Chinese is your primary goal, it can be achievable with just three months of study, even if you’re starting from zero.
What is the fastest way to learn Mandarin?
Easy as ABC: 8 Foolproof Tips for Learning Chinese Faster
- Identify Short-term and Long-term Goals.
- Choose Between Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Make a Daily Learning Schedule.
- Use FluentU to Master Pinyin Basics.
- Find Activities That Combine Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing.
Why you should not learn Chinese?
Reason #1: Too much competition — as much as the number of users may seem like a strong reason to learn Chinese, it can also reduce the benefits of learning it. Simply put, for every Chinese word, you need to learn how to write and read it almost completely independently of learning how to pronounce it.
Is learning Chinese a waste of time?
Learning Mandarin is an absolute waste of time because day by day it becomes clearer and clearer that China doesn’t want you. Last year China introduced their new foreign visa classification system that separates foreigners into different categories, based on their technical skills.
Why learning Mandarin is so hard?
Mandarin Chinese is challenging for a number of reasons. Mandarin Chinese (the most common dialect) has four tones, so one word can be pronounced four different ways, and each pronunciation has a different meaning. For instance, the word ma can mean “mother,” “horse,” “rough” or “scold” — depending on how you say it.
What is the easiest language to learn?
And The Easiest Language To Learn Is…
- Norwegian. This may come as a surprise, but we have ranked Norwegian as the easiest language to learn for English speakers.
What is the hardest language to learn?
Mandarin As mentioned before, Mandarin is unanimously considered the toughest language to master in the world! Spoken by over a billion people in the world, the language can be extremely difficult for people whose native languages use the Latin writing system.
Should I learn Mandarin or Spanish?
Perhaps more importantly, retaining your knowledge for Spanish will be much easier. All this is not to say that Spanish is a better language than Mandarin, but to say that it’s a better global language. While it’s a great investment to learn Mandarin, we believe it does not outweigh the benefits of speaking Spanish.
How do I start learning Mandarin?
What’s the Best Way to Start Learning Chinese?
- Step 1: Determine if Learning Mandarin Chinese is Right for You.
- Step 2: Find Some Chinese Learning Materials.
- Step 3: Learn Pinyin.
- Step 4: Start Speaking in Chinese.
- Step 5: Start listening to Chinese During Your Commute.
- Step 6: Get Your Head Around Chinese Tones.
How can I learn Mandarin for free?
The 10 best free resources for learning Mandarin Chinese
- YouTube, YouKu, TuDou.
- Free Chinese podcasts.
- Chinese Forums.
- Chinese Language Stack Exchange.
Is Rosetta Stone good for Mandarin?
ROSETTA STONE IS VERY GOOD WITH PRONUNCIATION WHETHER IT’S MANDARIN, SPANISH OR ANY OTHER LANGUAGE.