French is not hard to learn, especially when compared to English! That’s right. Learning French isn’t going to be as difficult as you think. In fact, it’s a language that is much easier to achieve fluency in than you would have ever expected.
What is the hardest part about learning French?
- Prickly Pronunciation. Without a doubt, the hardest part of learning French is the pronunciation. Written French and spoken French seem worlds apart at first, since there are a number of rules that dictate when certain letters are not pronounced, or words are suddenly squashed together.
- 1 How long does it take to learn French?
- 2 Is it really hard to learn French?
- 3 Can we learn French in 3 months?
- 4 Is French or Spanish easier to learn?
- 5 Is DuoLingo good for French?
- 6 How I learned French on my own?
- 7 Is French worth learning?
- 8 Why is French spelling so weird?
- 9 What Harder French or Italian?
- 10 Can French be self taught?
- 11 Which language is easiest to learn?
- 12 Can you speak French after duolingo?
- 13 What’s the hardest language to learn?
- 14 Which foreign language is in demand?
- 15 Is French or German easier?
How long does it take to learn French?
For English-speakers, French falls into category 1. In other words, it is considered one of the easiest languages to learn because it is “closely related” to English. According to the FSI, it would take an English-speaker approximately 23-24 weeks or 575-600 hours of study to become proficient in the French language.
Is it really hard to learn French?
The FSI scale ranks French as a “category I language”, considered as “more similar to English”, as compared to categories III and IV “hard” or “super-hard languages”. According to the FSI, French is one of the easiest languages to learn for a native English speaker.
Can we learn French in 3 months?
French is beautiful, popular, and very useful. While you certainly won’t master it in three months, especially if you can only put a few hours a week into it, if you want to have your initial plan of action here’s how I’d suggest you learn French.
Is French or Spanish easier to learn?
Spanish is arguably somewhat easier for the first year or so of learning, in large part because beginners may struggle less with pronunciation than their French-studying colleagues. However, beginners in Spanish have to deal with dropped subject pronouns and four words for “you,” while French only has two.
Is DuoLingo good for French?
Overall, DuoLingo is certainly a good resource to aid yourself in learning French. It’s motivating, it’s fun, it’s easy, and it’s free. Now with a mobile application, you have no excuses not to practice on the go!
How I learned French on my own?
Get to know French grammar
- Study with a French grammar book.
- Join an online program, either an application or a learning website and make grammar fun.
- Enlist a tutor for grammar lessons (try to find a native)
- Watch online grammar videos on useful topics to bring learning to life.
Is French worth learning?
The short answer is that unless you already know you need a specific language other than French for your career, French is absolutely worth its investment. It will open up opportunities in law, academia, international relations, and business across the world and set you up to learn of romance languages if necessary.
Why is French spelling so weird?
The biggest reason for unpronounced letters is that, at one time, the letters were pronounced. Spelling tends to reflect the language as it was spoken when the language was standardized, rather than how it’s pronounced today.
What Harder French or Italian?
Grammatically French is the easiest one. Italian is probably the most difficult of the three languages grammatically. Even the pronunciation is harder than the Spanish one, it has more phonemes and the difference between double and simple consonants. It also has more consonants the FRench.
Can French be self taught?
Contrary to what other people believe, learning French on your own is pretty achievable. With the right amount of motivation and commitment, a healthy learning habit, plus the right tools and method to guide you, yes you can teach yourself French.
Which language is easiest to learn?
10 Easiest Languages for English speakers to learn
- Afrikaans. Like English, Afrikaans is in the West Germanic language family.
Can you speak French after duolingo?
Duolingo won’t get you anywhere near fluent. If you’re learning French (or any other language on Duolingo, for that matter) to be able to read, then you’re in the right place. If you want to become conversational, reach a level higher than A2, then you must complement your learning with other sources.
What’s the hardest language to learn?
Mandarin As mentioned before, Mandarin is unanimously considered the toughest language to master in the world! Spoken by over a billion people in the world, the language can be extremely difficult for people whose native languages use the Latin writing system.
Which foreign language is in demand?
10 foreign languages in demand across the globe
- Mandarin/ Chinese language.
Is French or German easier?
Nitty-gritty things like these can make getting started a bit of a challenge – but between the two, French will be a little easier, with (slightly) fewer endings to learn. That said, experts largely agree that the more German you learn, the easier it gets, while French gets more complicated the deeper you dive in.