Where can I find resources for learning Chinese?
- More resources can always be found by looking through the sidebar, the wiki, as well as entering simple terms into the search bar, checking “limit my search to /r/ChineseLanguage “, and pressing enter. This is a community for people studying or teaching Chinese – or even if you’re just interested in Chinese languages.
- 1 How can I really learn Chinese Reddit?
- 2 Is it possible to self study Chinese?
- 3 How can I learn Chinese by myself?
- 4 Can you learn Chinese in 3 years?
- 5 Can you learn Chinese in 5 years?
- 6 Is learning Chinese a waste of time?
- 7 Is Mandarin hard to learn?
- 8 Which language is easiest to learn?
- 9 How do you memorize Mandarin words?
- 10 What is the best app for learning Chinese?
- 11 Is duolingo good for Mandarin?
- 12 What is the hardest language to learn?
- 13 Is Mandarin useful to learn?
- 14 Is Guangdong Cantonese?
How can I really learn Chinese Reddit?
Parting advice: If you decide to study Chinese, I urge you to do the following:
- Pay to meet with a tutor at least once a week (or do language exchange).
- Buy Tuttle’s Learning Chinese Characters.
- Use the Pimsleur series to aid your spoken Chinese.
- Study everyday.
- Remember that a beginner’s level is very relative.
Is it possible to self study Chinese?
You can teach yourself Mandarin, but at the end of the day, language is a tool to communicate and communication is a two way process. Start finding opportunities to speak or write (and when we say write, we mean type) in Chinese. Basically, use it or lose it.
How can I learn Chinese by myself?
The World Is Yours: 5 Effective Ways to Learn Chinese by Yourself
- Use music videos. Using music is one of the best ways to learn a new language because it’s fun and interesting!
- Regularly meet with a conversation partner.
- Watch Chinese shows with subtitles.
- Listen to audiobooks.
- Listen to podcasts.
Can you learn Chinese in 3 years?
It takes a learner with average aptitude only 15 weeks to reach level 2 for Spanish or French, but about 50 weeks to reach a similar level of the Chinese language. If you want to be fully fluent in Mandarin, you’d better plan to spend about 230 weeks, which is about 4 years.
Can you learn Chinese in 5 years?
Most people who are interested in learning have two questions: “Is it hard to learn Chinese?” and “How long does it take to learn Chinese?” Based on government sources and anecdotes, Three to five years is a good estimate of how long it takes to learn Chinese fluently, but there are so many factors involved.
Is learning Chinese a waste of time?
Learning Mandarin is an absolute waste of time because day by day it becomes clearer and clearer that China doesn’t want you. Last year China introduced their new foreign visa classification system that separates foreigners into different categories, based on their technical skills.
Is Mandarin hard to learn?
Mandarin Chinese Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world. Mandarin Chinese is challenging for a number of reasons. But writing isn’t the only difficult part of learning Mandarin. The tonal nature of the language makes speaking it very hard as well.
Which language is easiest to learn?
10 Easiest Languages for English speakers to learn
- Afrikaans. Like English, Afrikaans is in the West Germanic language family.
How do you memorize Mandarin words?
How to Memorize Chinese Characters: It’s Easier Than You Think
- Break Down Chinese Characters. Parts of a Chinese Character.
- Go Back in Time.
- Write, Write, Write!
- Read Parallel Texts.
- Sign up for Calligraphy Classes.
- Watch Chinese TV Shows, Movies and Videos.
- Embrace the Wonders of Karaoke.
What is the best app for learning Chinese?
Top Mobile Apps To Help You Learn Chinese For Free
- Lingbe (iOS/Android)
- Anki (iOS/PC)
- Duolingo (iOS/Android)
- Memrise (iOS/Android)
- Skritter (iOS/Android)
- Hello Chinese (iOS/Android)
- ChineseSkill (iOS/Android)
Is duolingo good for Mandarin?
Can I learn Chinese on Duolingo? Yes. Duolingo supports many languages, and Mandarin is indeed one of them. For beginner to intermediate level there’s no doubt Duolingo is one of the better Chinese learning apps there is.
What is the hardest language to learn?
Mandarin As mentioned before, Mandarin is unanimously considered the toughest language to master in the world! Spoken by over a billion people in the world, the language can be extremely difficult for people whose native languages use the Latin writing system.
Is Mandarin useful to learn?
People around the world still think English is the most valuable language to learn, study shows. Mandarin was named the third most useful language, with 28% of participants saying children should learn it. Brits also saw English, Spanish and Mandarin as the most important languages to learn.
Is Guangdong Cantonese?
Languages and ethnicities The majority of the province’s population is Han Chinese. Within the Han Chinese, the largest subgroup in Guangdong are the Cantonese people. Two other major groups are the Teochew people in Chaoshan and the Hakka people in Huizhou, Meizhou, Heyuan, Shaoguan and Zhanjiang.