- To program a Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Remote you will need to either use the ‘learn’ button and/or set the dip switches on the remote to match the dip switch settings on the ceiling fan. This is a fairly straightforward procedure and is explained in full above under the subject of resetting the ceiling fan.
- 1 How do you relearn a Harbor Breeze fan remote?
- 2 How do you sync a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan remote?
- 3 Are Harbor Breeze and Hampton Bay the same company?
- 4 How do you troubleshoot a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan?
- 5 Where is the model number on a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan?
- 6 How do you tell if a DIP switch is on or off?
- 7 What is DIP switch settings?
- 8 What is a DIP switch remote?
- 9 What does D and CFL mean on fan remote?
How do you relearn a Harbor Breeze fan remote?
To reset your Harbor Breeze ceiling fan remote you need to turn the power off then on and then push the ‘reset’ button or ‘learn’ button under the back cover of the remote. Make sure you hold the reset button down until the light comes on and the ceiling fan speed goes to medium.
How do you sync a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan remote?
Replace the remote battery and battery compartment cover. Restore the electricity to your Harbor Breeze fan by flipping the appropriate circuit breaker switch back to the “On” position. Press the “Hi,” “Med” and “Lo” buttons on the remote control within 20 seconds to synchronize it to the fan.
Are Harbor Breeze and Hampton Bay the same company?
Because Harbor Breeze and Hampton Bay are house brands, both serve the budget ceiling fan market and neither brand holds an edge on pricing.
How do you troubleshoot a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan?
Standard troubleshooting for Harbor Breeze ceiling fan
- Check batteries and check and push reset button under cover.
- Check bulb wattage, make sure watts do no exceed 190 watts total in upper and under glass shade, since fan has a built in function of a energy-saving limiter.
Where is the model number on a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan?
The model number can be found on the fan motor, as well as on the inside of the battery compartment cover of the included remote.
How do you tell if a DIP switch is on or off?
A DIP switch facing upwards is “on”, while a DIP switch facing downwards is “off”. DIP switches 1 through 5 are used to determine which address that the 4219 will be set to.
What is DIP switch settings?
A DIP switch is a small switch in a DIP (dual in-line package) whose position changes the operating mode of a device. DIP switches help configure computer peripherals, such as hard drives, modems, sound cards, and motherboards.
What is a DIP switch remote?
DIP switch is an acronym which stands for Dual Inline Package, and they are located inside the remote, usually accessible via a slide cover, near the battery. They will look like a small row of 8 to 12 switches, all in one small box.
What does D and CFL mean on fan remote?
Ensure the “D/CFL” button in the battery compartment is set to the “D” position and the bulbs are incandescent or other dimmable bulbs.